I really enjoy going to church. It is something that I grew up doing and it wasn’t forced down my throat, but by my parents’ examples, it was easy to follow their lead. My relationship with God is the single most important thing in my life, yet I do not judge others that do not have the same belief system as myself. I believe that everyone must respect differences and no one should experience shame for anything ever!
That being said, the next series at our church is called Divine Direction and this past Sunday was titled Power to Become. I plan to put the notes from each service here in my blog for anyone interested in a cliffs notes version of church!
The message was surrounded around how we all struggle at times to make the best decisions and then when we do make decisions, we wonder if we have made the right one. The notes are as follows:
*Our decisions we make today, tell our stories for tomorrow.
* It’s about the WHO, not the DO
* It’s about the WHY, not the WHAT
* If you’re becoming the right WHO, God will help you choose the right DO
* If you’re driven by the right WHY, God will lead you to the right WHAT
* He will help us with our direction and our decisions
* Prayer to God – Lord, how can I serve you best right now
* Who does God want me to become today?
* Which one will help me become a better decision maker?
Not easily angered
1 Thesssalonians 4:3, Proverbs 16:2, Colossians 3:17